Saturday, January 28, 2012

GOOD NEWS

Good news #1:
Drop Point, chapter 2 is coming out on February 13th, 2012. Here's a preview.

"Well, we must be off now. Remember what you are to do, Commander,” The hooded man added. All three men left the room, closing the door behind them.
Kyle burst through the cabinet door. Kenny spilled out after him, groaning and tenderly massaging his leg. The hover chair rolled on its side across the room in a wide arc, and flopped over onto the floor facedown.
“You seriously don’t know what a Charlie Horse is?” Kenny asked sourly.
Kyle shook his head, deep in thought.


Good news #2:
Drop Point, chapters 1 and 2 will be available as an eBook as soon as all of Chapter 2 has been released. Yes, it will be free. (But don't fret: you will have the opportunity to pay me for it as well, if you so wish!) It will include things like

  • bonus features
  • corrected grammar
  • better sentence flow
  • and more accurate continuity (this is also why I wrote Chapter 2 in advance, to avoid these things).

I hope you'll check it out!

Good news #3:
There will be five chapters of Drop Point total, meaning 50 episodes. But don't worry, I've estimated that to be almost 80,000 WORDS, which means $1.99 would be a pretty good price for the entire thing in PDF, EPUB, or Amazon Kindle form. This will also include a pretty snazzy collection of bonus features.

Good news #4:
I'm coming out with an anthology! Don't worry, if you're sick of Drop Point but want to keep reading things by me, then check out Hidden Strings, available some time after this whole thing has blown over. It will include a bunch of short stories ranging from mystery to adventure to scary. No scifi. Probably. I dunno, I'm not done with it yet.

Good news #5:
Check the Drop Point Main Page regularly for updates, even when I'm not writing.

Good news #6:
This blog post is over. Thanks for checking back on my blog!

Happy reading,
C. Lyon

PS.
If you have facebook, you should fan/friend me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this chapter, share this site with your friends! Thanks for reading!